Hotel Nafore was the first hotel I stayed at for my first trip to Seoul, South Korea.
I stayed at 3 hotels in Seoul in total to experience different areas during my first trip. I came across Hotel Nafore when looking for mid-budget hotels near downtown, or more central Seoul.
Keep reading for my review of Hotel Nafore.
If you’re new to South Korea, read my essential travel tips for South Korea.
Review of Hotel Nafore
I ended up booking with Hotel Nafore because it was just a few minutes walk to Cheonggyecheon Stream and other popular sites in central Seoul. This was a comfortable stay and I would book again!
Where is Hotel Nafore Located?
Address: 17 Supyo-ro 18ga-gil, Gwansu-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Hotel Nafore is located in central Seoul in the Jongno district. It’s surrounded by shops and businesses.
It’s a popular hotel because it’s just a few minutes walk to Cheonggyecheon Stream and nearby other popular sites in Seoul.
My Review of Hotel Nafore
- The rooms are clean and front-desk staff are friendly.
- Hotel Nafore is walkable to many main tourist attractions (scroll down to Nearest Attractions section).
- The shower is separated from the toilet area (not all hotels do this!)
- The bathtub/shower doesn’t have a shower curtain if you’re not used to that. So the bathroom floor easily got wet. They do provide shower slippers though.
How Much is a Room at Hotel Nafore?
This hotel has 52 rooms and offers a wide range of room types, from doubles to superior, family and deluxe rooms. I stayed in July 2022 for 5 nights and booked the Superior Double.
The total including tax was $235 USD, or $47 a night, which is pretty reasonable, though prices may have changed since then.
Still, I found Seoul hotels to be cheapest to book on Agoda.com.
Can you Leave your Luggage?
Whether you arrive too early and the room isn’t ready, or if you have time to kill before your flight and don’t want to carry around luggage, you can leave your luggage with them.
What Amenities Does Hotel Nafore Offer?
- Laundry service by request.
- Rooftop Garden with seating (now open; it was closed when I was there. Accessible through the elevator).
- Restaurant where breakfast is served (for an additional fee).
- The closest train station is Jongno 3-ga Station just 280m / .3 miles away, and a 5-minute walk from exit 14.
- Myeongdong Walking Street is 1000m / .7 mile, or less than a 20-minute walk.
- The Cheonggyecheon Stream is just a minute walk away after walking to the main street.
- Insadong Shopping Street is one train stop away, or a 15-minute walk.
- Changdeokgung Palace is one train stop away, or a 25-minute walk.
- Just 150m away is a Family Mart convenience store.
- This hotel is located near restaurants, so you’ll often see the surrounding area with office workers during lunch and dinner hours.
Getting to Hotel Nafore in Seoul
There are a few options if you’re coming from the Incheon International Airport:
Taking the AREX train from the airport will require a transfer. Hop on the train towards Seoul Station. Stop at Seoul station, then take the blue or number 1 line towards Yangju.
Get off at the Jongno 3-ga stop. The hotel is a 5 minute walk away from exit 14. The train will take about 80 minutes in total.
I took a taxi that took around 50 minutes, and it cost 50,000 won, or $38 USD, but you can also book an airport transfer for convenience.
📍 When hailing a taxi from the hotel, use Hotel Venue G as a pin point location. Hotel Nafore is a less than 1-minute walk away into an alley, past 1 or 2 offices.
The bus takes a little over an hour, and costs 16,000 won, or $12.30 USD. You can buy a ticket from a ticket counter or ticket machine at the airport. They accept credit cards. If you have luggage, you can leave the luggage in the bus storage.
Final Thoughts on Hotel Nafore
For its location and price, Hotel Nafore is a great choice. I loved that the Cheonggyecheon Stream was just a minute’s walk away and walking distance to Insadong and Myeongdong.
Other Hotels in Seoul
Here’s my reviews of other hotels in Seoul I’ve stayed in (more to come):
Travelodge Myeongdong City Hall Review (central Seoul)
Review of Hotel Baroato 2nd (Hongdae area)
Still undecided? Read next: Where to Stay in Seoul Based on Your Interests
Book Before Your Trip:
🎫 Get a Seoul Pass for access to different Seoul attractions
🚊 Ride from the airport: prebook a transfer | airport bus | AREX train
🚙 Rent a car in South Korea for as cheap as $28 USD a day
🚌 Browse through dozens of available Seoul tours